Resetting the toner on your Brother printer is a simple process that can resolve issues related to low toner warnings and ensure optimal print quality.
This guide will walk you through the steps to reset the toner on your Brother printer, helping you maintain consistent and high-quality prints.
When To Reset Brother Toner
You may need to reset the toner on your Brother printer under the following circumstances:
- The printer displays a Replace Toner or Toner Low error message.
- The printer still indicates low toner after replacing the cartridge.
- Print quality is deteriorating, even with new genuine Brother cartridges.
How To Reset Toner on Your Brother Printer
Resetting toner can differ depending on your specific Brother printer model.
To provide clarity, we will walk you through the toner reset process for two common models: the Brother MFC-L2710DW and HL-2270DW printers.
How To Reset Toner on Brother MFC-L2710DW
- Ensure the printer is powered on.
- Open the front cover of the printer.
- Press the Clear and Stop buttons at the same time.
- After that, press the Clear button once more.
- You'll then encounter a menu labeled Reset Menu.
- Navigate down within the menu to locate your specific toner type.
- For TN730 cartridges, select TNR-STD.
- For TN760 cartridges, choose TNR-HC.
- Once you've made your toner selection, confirm it by pressing the OK button.
- To verify the successful reset, press the Up Arrow button.
- Look for the display to show Accepted as confirmation.
- Close the front cover.
How To Reset Toner on Brother HL-2270DW
- Open the front panel of the printer.
- While turning on the printer, keep the Go button pressed.
- Hold the Go button until you see the Toner, Drum, and Error LEDs illuminated.
- Release the Go button. At this point, all LEDs will turn off.
- Tap the Go button two times. The Toner, Drum, and Error LEDs will light up.
- Depending on the cartridge type you're using:
- For TN420 cartridges, press the Go button six times.
- For TN450 cartridges, press the Go button seven times.
- Following the appropriate number of button presses, the Error LED should initiate a flashing pattern.
- Finally, shut the front panel of the printer.
Resetting the toner on your Brother printer is an essential skill to ensure the consistent performance of your device.
With this knowledge at your fingertips, you can confidently maintain the efficiency and excellence of your printing endeavors.