The Ins-and-Outs Of Resetting Your Printer To Factory Default Settings.
Your printer is awesome...except when it loses its mind and forgets who and what it is. Can’t find network connection… Internet unavailable… Paper feed error…. Can’t do anything right…
What’s wrong with you? Are you suffering from some form of machine dementia?
Reset & Restart
It’s time for a factory reset. Resetting your printer to its factory default settings is usually a last resort when it comes to troubleshooting, but it’s often the answer to your problems. Sometimes it’s as easy as clicking a button or a drop-down menu giving you the option to Restore Network Settings. Other printer models make you work a bit harder. Either way, treat your newly reborn printer to fresh, brand name ink and toner from Toner Buzz!
How to RESET ANY hp printer ?
How To Reset Factory Default setting on an HP printer
According to HP.com, restoring the factory-set defaults on your printer will not reset the page count, tray size, or language. To restore your HP printer to factory-default settings, follow these steps.
- Turn the printer off. Disconnect the power cable from the printer for 30 seconds and then reconnect.
- Turn the printer on while you press and hold the Resume button for 10-20 seconds. The Attention light turns on.
- Release the Resume button. The Attention and Ready lights cycle while the printer restores factory defaults.
How To Reset To Default All Lexmark Printers
How to reset factory default settings for Lexmark printers
1. Press the Menu> button on the operator panel until Utilities Menu (or Tests Menu) appears on the display.
2. Press the Select button once to enter the menu.
3. Press the Menu> button until Factory Defaults appears on the display.
4. Press the Select button. You should see =Restore on the display.
5. Press the Select button once more to change the printer's settings to the original factory values.
To reset the printer's non-volatile RAM (NVRAM): The procedure described below activates a "soft" NVRAM reset, which means that vital printer information will not be deleted.
1. Power the printer off completely.
2. While the power is off, simultaneously hold down the Menu>, Go, and Select buttons.
3. While still holding down the buttons, power the printer back on. Release the buttons when Restoring Factory Defaults appears on the display.
4. Allow the printer to warm up as normal.
NOTE: Neither of the above procedures (restoring the factory defaults, clearing the NVRAM) should reset the network card settings.
How To Reset Canon Pixma Printer Ink Cartridge & Factory Settings?
How to reset factory default settings for Canon PIXMA printers
1. On the printer display home screen, select the “set up” button (it looks like a gear).
2. Select “settings” > “device settings” > “reset settings” > “reset all” > “OK” and then “Yes.”
3. After resetting, you may need to perform the setup process again. If you need to download the setup software again, search for your printer on Canon’s website.
How Reset Your Brother mfc-9330cdw Printer Toner levels- Fix For Free
How to reset factory default settings for Brother HL-L2350DW / HL-L2370DW / HL-L2370DW XL printers
1. On the printer display home screen, navigate to “Initial Setup” and then press “OK.”
2. Navigate to “Reset” and then press “OK.”
3. Choose the type of reset you would like to perform and press “OK.”
4. Press the down button and the press the down button again for “Yes.”
RICOH Reset MP171 SPF , gw2004
How to reset factory default settings for Ricoh printers
1. Back up address books stored in the Ricoh copier settings. Resetting to factory defaults will erase all stored data.
2. Press the “./*” key and the “#” key on the Ricoh copier at the same time and hold for 10 seconds. The copier will shut down and begin to re-boot. During this process, the Ricoh is resetting itself to factory default settings.
3. Test to make sure the process worked. Go through the menu options on the screen and see if your old settings have been replaced and your address books have been cleared. If this is the case, your Ricoh copier has been reset to factory defaults.
NEW! Samsung Xpress Printers: M2070, M2070F, M2070FW firmware reset
How to reset factory default settings for Samsung printers
Samsung Printers also offer three different reset options.
1. You have to press the keys in quick succession MENU # 1 9 3 4. The display will show TECH.
2. Select the MENU key again followed by ENTER. The display will show TECH MODE.
3. Press the < key two times. The operator panel will show NEW CARTRIDGE.
4. Select ENTER. The panel will show YES.
5. Press ENTER again.
6. Exit from this mode by pressing MENU # 1 9 3 4 again.
Using Raw and Simple Package
The Raw Package contains original firmware upgrades from Samsung with the patches and firmware downloads. Using this package you will need to run the complete steps.
The Simple Package contains the patched version of firmware so you only need to run the final step.
1. Run the firmware downloader. DO NOT turn off or disconnect the printer/computer during this process.
2. To exit the downloader, press any key turn off your printer for about 10 seconds and turn it back on.
1. Push the power button until the LED light turns off.
2. Remove the power cord from the back of the printer and leave the printer unplugged for at least five to 10 minutes.
3. Plug the printer back in.
4. Press and hold the stop button for two to three seconds until the demo page begins to print.
How to Rebuild and Reset Panasonic Drum KX MB2085 for KX MB2000, MB2010, MB2025, MB2030, MB2061, MB2062
How to reset factory default settings for Panasonic printers
Reset with Network Setup Tool
1. Display the Network Setup Tool.
2. Click the printer you want to set up in the list.
3. Click the Setup menu, then click Network Factory Default.
4. Click [Yes].
5. Enter the password and click [OK].
6. Click [Yes] to restart the printer.
Reset with Printer Panel
1. Press MENU/EXIT (Pause) button on the printer panel.
2. Press CONTINUE button until NW Protocol Setup menu appears.
3. Press ENTER button.
4. Press CONTINUE button until Factory Reset appears.
5. Press ENTER button.
6. Press CONTINUE button to select Yes.
7. Press ENTER button.
How to reset OKI MC342 by the OKI Printer Resetter
How to reset factory default settings for Oki printers
1. Run the printer menu setup tool.
2. Click [+] to the left of [Maintenance Menu].3. Click [MENU RESET], and then click the [EXECUTE] button.
4. Note - If resetting defaults on a network printer, click [+] to the left of [Network Menu].
5. Click [FACTORY DEFAULTS], and then click the [EXECUTE] button.
Mac OS X users
1. Run Menu Setup.
2. Double-click [Applications] - [OKI DATA] - [MenuSetup] - [OKI B400 Printer Menu Setup Tool].
3. Select the connection method, and then click [OK].
4. Select the [Maintenance] tab.
5. Click [EEPROM RESET].
Tutorial on resetting SHARP MX 2310U Maintenace required Code TA
How to reset factory default settings for Sharp printers
Navigate to the Power Reset screen on your computer. Here, you have two options:
Reboot the MFP — This restarts the machine. When you tap the [Execute] key, the Restart screen appears. When you tap the [Execute] key again, the machine will restart.
Enter The Power Save Mode — This shifts the machine to power save mode. When you tap the [Execute] key, the Power Save Mode screen appears. When you tap the [Execute] key again, the machine will switch to the Auto Power Shut-Off mode.
Reset Factory Default Setting on Epson XP-440 Printer
How to reset factory default settings for Epson Workforce Pro printers
1. On the printer display home screen, navigate to the “settings” button.
2. In the settings menu, scroll down to “reset default settings.”
3. Choose which function that you want to reset. If you want to reset everything, select “Clear All Data and Settings.”
Finding Your Method
Hopefully you found the best method for restoring your printer’s factory default settings from our video bank. Did resetting your printer to the factory default settings solve your problems? Let us know in the comments below!