Your HP printer's IP address is a unique identifier on your network, enabling seamless connections and resolving any network-related issues.
If you're using an HP printer and need to find its IP address for network setup or troubleshooting purposes, don't worry; it's a straightforward process.
We'll guide you through the easy process of finding the IP address on your HP printer using various methods.
Check the Printer Display
The first method involves checking the printer's display. Most HP printers have a built-in screen that allows you to access important settings, including the IP address.
- Access the printer's Menu or Settings
- Navigate to Network or Wireless settings
- Look for an option like View Network Setting or View IP Configuration
- The IP address should be listed under TCP/IP or IP Address.
HP Smart App (for Connected Printers)
If your HP printer is connected to a wireless network, you can use the "HP Smart" app to easily find its IP address.
This app provides a convenient way to manage your printer settings and access essential information.
- If your HP printer is connected to a wireless network, download and install the HP Smart app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Open the app and select your printer from the list of connected devices.
- Tap on “Printer Information" or Network Information to access the printer information, including the IP address.
Print Network Configuration Page
Another way to find the IP address is by printing a network configuration page. This page provides detailed information about your printer's network settings, including the IP address.
- Press the Home or Menu button on the printer's control panel.
- Navigate to Reports or Network Setup using the arrow keys
- Select Network Configuration Page and press OK or Print
- The printed page will display the IP address, among other network details.
Finding IP Address on Windows & macOS
➜ On Windows
For Windows users, there's another method to find the IP address of your HP printer using the control panel on your computer:
- Go to Control Panel or Settings on your Windows computer
- Click on Devices and Printers
- Find your HP printer in the list and right-click on it.
- Select Properties from the context menu.
- Go to the Ports or Port tab, and the IP address will be displayed next to the printer name.
➜ On macOS
For macOS users, finding the IP address of your HP printer is a breeze with the following steps:
- Click on the Apple menu and select System Preferences.
- Choose Printers & Scanners.
- Select your HP printer from the list on the left-hand side.
- Click on Options & Supplies.
- Go to the General or Utility tab, and the IP address will be listed.
Router's Connected Devices List
If you encounter any challenges finding the IP address using the printer's display or the app, you can always check your router's connected devices list.
Almost all routers offer a web interface that shows a list of all connected devices on the network, including your HP printer.
- Log in to your router's web interface using a computer or mobile device.
- Navigate to the Connected Devices or Device List section.
- Look for your HP printer's name in the list, along with its corresponding IP address.
Finding the IP address on your HP printer can be done using different ways. In this guide, we explored fast and straightforward methods.
However, keep in mind that the menu names and navigation methods may differ based on the printer model and control panel design. Each model may have different terms and options to access network settings and display the IP address.