Brother printers offer a feature called "Continue Mode," which can be helpful in specific printing scenarios.
In this guide, we'll explain what Continue Mode is and when you might want to use it.
What Is Brother Toner Continue Mode
Brother Continue Mode is a feature found in some Brother printers that allows you to continue printing even after the control panel displays a "Replace Toner" indication.
Normally, when the printer detects low toner, it displays a warning and may pause printing until the toner is replaced.
When To Use Continue Mode
Continue Mode is useful in situations where you need to continue printing despite a low toner warning.
Here are some scenarios where you might use it:
- Drafts and Internal Documents: When printing drafts, internal documents, or documents that don't require top-notch print quality, Continue Mode can help you finish the print job without interruption.
- Extended Printing: If you're in the middle of a long print job and run out of toner, Continue Mode can allow you to complete the job without wasting paper or time.
- Temporary Solution: It's essential to note that Continue Mode is a temporary solution. It may affect print quality, so it's not recommended for important documents or high-quality prints.
In Continue Mode, your Brother printer will continuously display toner-related status messages through the Status Monitor or the printer's control panel.
These messages may include Toner Low, Replace Toner, or Toner Ended, providing you with information about the remaining toner levels.
End of Continue Mode
Continue Mode stays active until the toner cartridge reaches the end of its operational life.
When this happens, you'll receive a Toner Ended message, signaling that the toner cartridge has reached its maximum lifespan.
How To Enable or Disable Continue Mode
- Select Menu.
- Use the Up or Down arrow key to select General Setup, and then press OK.
- Scroll using the Up or Down arrow key to locate Replace Toner, and confirm by pressing OK.
- Navigate with the Up or Down arrow key to opt for Continue or Stop.
- Finally, press Stop/Exit.
The exact steps can vary slightly depending on the specific model of the printer.
In summary, Brother's Toner Continue Mode is a useful feature allowing printing when toner is low.
However, it's important to understand that it's a temporary fix and could affect how good your prints look.