Finding the serial number on a Brother laser printer can be important for various reasons, including warranty claims, technical support, and identifying the specific model.
Also, being aware of your printer's specific model can assist in purchasing the right Brother printer cartridges when it's time for a replacement.
In this guide, we’ll offer some general suggestions on where to look for it.
Check the Printer's Label
Most Brother printers have a label or sticker on the exterior of the printer that contains important information, including the serial number.
Look on the back or bottom of the printer for a white or silver label.
The serial number is usually printed as Serl No. or SN followed by a series of alphanumeric characters.
Notably, the serial number consists of 15 characters and commences with the letter U.
Finding the serial number on a Brother Laser Printer. Image from Brother's official website.
Check the LCD Screen (if applicable)
For certain Brother laser printers equipped with LCD displays, there might be a menu option available to showcase system details, including the serial number.
For Non-Touchscreen LCD Models
- Access the menu by pressing the Menu button.
- Use the Up or Down arrow key to highlight Machine Info and press OK.
- Continue by selecting Serial No. with the Up or Down arrow key and confirm with OK.
- The serial number will be presented on the LCD screen.
- Finally, exit this menu by pressing "Stop/Exit.
For Touchscreen LCD Models
- Press MENU on the touchscreen.
- Use the Up or Down Arrow key to display Machine Info.
- Select Machine Info.
- The serial number will be displayed on the LCD screen.
- To exit, press the Stop/Exit key on the control panel.
If you're unable to find the serial number or if it's not visible on the printer, you can contact Brother's customer support.
They may be able to assist you in locating the serial number or provide alternative methods for identification.