Toner Buzz is committed to earth-friendly business practices. Our toner buyback program keeps potentially toxic ink and toner cartridges out of landfills and puts money back into the pockets of our customers.
Electronic components like ink and toner cartridges contain potentially harmful compounds. Dumping old electronics into landfills poses the risk of groundwater or soil contamination. Crushing or incinerating e-waste releases those toxic chemicals into the air. Check out these eye-popping facts and figures from the United States Environmental Protection Agency about proper printer cartridge disposal.
- More than 375 million printer cartridges are thrown away each year
- Eight ink cartridges are thrown away every second in the U.S.
- A laser printer cartridge takes up to 450 years to decompose.
- The industrial-grade plastics used in printer cartridge manufacturing take over a thousand years to decompose.
- Electronic waste, or e-waste, is the fastest-growing type of waste, and one of the most toxic.
- It’s estimated that one gallon of oil goes into the production of each new printer cartridge. Therefore, we could save millions of gallons of oil by recycling toner cartridges!
- Less than 30% of the 1.3 billion inkjet cartridges used around the world each year are recycled.
- If you stacked all of the empty printer cartridges generated each year end-to-end, they would circle the earth twice.
- Less than 30 percent of the 1.3 billion inkjet cartridges used around the world annually are properly recycled.
Toner Buzz is an independent toner reseller and not affiliated with any manufacturer. This allows us to offer original, brand-name toner at the lowest prices around!