- $680- $800
- Print technology: Laser
- Print speed: Up to 21 pages per minute (ppm)
- Print resolution: Up to 600 x 600 dpi (black and color)
- Copy speed: Up to 21 ppm
- Copy resolution: Up to 300 x 300 dpi
- Scan resolution: Up to 300 dpi (color and black and white, flatbed); up to 600 dpi (color, black and white, ADF)
- Fax transmission speed: 33.6 kbps
- Fax resolution: Up to 300 x 300 dpi (black and white), up to 200 x 200 dpi (color)
- Paper capacity: 300 sheets (standard); 50-sheet multipurpose tray; 50-sheet automatic document feeder
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Ethernet, USB 2.0, NFC
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 16.7 x 18.4 x 19.7 in
- Weight: 67.9 lb
- Supported operating systems: Windows, Mac, Linux
- All-in-one Printer, Scanner, Copier, Fax
- 3.5” Intuitive Touch Screen
- 300-sheet Standard Paper Capacity
- Duplexing Scanner with a 50-sheet Automatic Document Feeder (ADF)
- HP ePrint and Apple AirPrint Compatibility
- Scans to Network, Email, and Cloud
- Very Good Print Quality - The HP Color LaserJet Pro M476dw produces very good print quality, specifically when it comes to color images.
- Large Touch Screen with Great Functionality - At 3.5", the M476dw boasts a large, intuitive touch screen that is easy to use and makes this a very user-friendly printer.
- Extensive Mobile/ Wireless Features - The M476dw delivers HP ePrint and Apple AirPrint compatibility, providing great mobile printing options, as well as built-in Wi-Fi.
- High Initial Price - $679.99 is a high price point, even for an HP all-in-one printer with lots of features.
- High Cost per Page - The M476dw's cost per page for monochrome printing is very good at 2.5 cents. For color printing, however, the cost per page jumps to 16.3 cents per page which is exceptionally high. It's interesting because the color images produced by the M476dw are very high-quality and one of the printer's strengths. This strength is somewhat neutralized by the M476dw's high costs per page for color printing which is disappointing.
- Limited Print Resolution - At 600 x 600 dpi print resolution (monochrome and color), the print quality of some sharp high-resolution text and detailed photos can be lacking.
The HP Color LaserJet Pro M476dw is best suited for heavy output printing environments seeking a multi-function all-in-one printer able to print, scan, copy, and fax.
The M476dw offers solid output quality and robust mobile and wireless features that would facilitate very convenient printing for employees and students within offices or schools, or any other heavy output printing setting.
To maintain this high level of quality and ensure the printer's optimal performance, it's recommended to pair it with genuine HP toner cartridges.
Very good, not great. The HP Color LaserJet Pro M476dw -- and its companion printers, the HP Color LaserJet Pro M476nw and the HP Color LaserJet Pro M476dn -- is a high-quality all-in-one printer with a long list of features that comes up somewhat disappointing in several key areas.
Mainly, the M476dw could be faster (up to 21 ppm) and it could be cheaper ($679.99 initial price and 16.3 cents per color page). However, there is still an assortment of impressive mobile, wireless, and network capabilities that make the M476dw very close to top-of-the-line when compared to other printers at this price point while just coming up a little short.
With built-in Wi-Fi, NFC, and HP wireless direct connectivity, there is a lot to get excited about with the HP Color LaserJet Pro M476dw.
The M476dw can obviously print, scan, copy, and fax being that is an all-in-one printer, but it can also scan to network folders, email, and cloud. The HP Color LaserJet Pro M476dw uses HP 312A toners, including black (CF380A), cyan (CF381A), magenta (CF383A), and yellow (CF382A).