Despite a big push toward electronic medical records, there is still a significant amount of hard copy paperwork produced by the medical industry...and a significant amount of wasted resources. Medical professionals can cut their printing costs almost in half simply by switching from Amazon to Toner Buzz!
Sick Printing Practices
A review of printing practices by Becker Hospital identifies the problem clearly: Printing is one of the higher expense categories in healthcare, yet this spending is often unmonitored, resulting in wasteful practices and unnecessary costs.
The hospital suggests implementing an “effective, holistic print strategy” to gain the following benefits:
- A 35-40 percent (or more) reduction in total print volume.
- Secure and confidential documents.
- Significant reductions in label-printing costs.
- System-generated reports converted into electronic reports.
- A 30 percent reduction in toner and ink costs.
- Print asset consolidation and reduction of 50 percent or more.
- Vastly improved utilization of centralized print shop assets, including equipment, labor, postage, and paper.
- Reduced color printing — often below 10 percent (color being at least three to five times more expensive than black-and-white).
- A 25-35 percent reduction in externally sourced printing costs across the entire supply chain.
How Much Can You Save?
Saving money on print costs is an easy, and often overlooked, way for healthcare professionals to save money, regardless of office size or number of employees. Medical professionals print an average of 37 pages per day, or approximately 13,500 pages per year. This is second only to the legal profession in terms of most page-producing industries.
If the printer in your healthcare office is an HP Color Laserjet 5550hdn, the typical employee will use one set of HP 645A toner throughout the course of the year. Buying a set of genuine OEM HP 645A toner cartridges at Toner Buzz is only $1,099 compared to $1,775 at Amazon, a savings of $676 per employee per year. A medical office with 100 employees can shave more than $67,000 a year off its budgeted printing costs by switching from Amazon to Toner Buzz.
Maybe your medical office relies on an HP Color Laserjet CP3525x and needs replacement toners (which yield between 5,000 and 6,000 pages per set). A year’s worth of toner for each employee will cost you $2,604 from Amazon but only $1797 from Toner Buzz, a savings of $807 per employee. A 50-employee office that switches from Amazon to Toner Buzz can save more than $40,000 in annual printing costs.
Cranking out healthcare documents on an HP Color Laserjet CM2320n? A typical employee uses nearly four full sets of genuine HP 304A toners over the course of a year. This costs $2,183 on Amazon, but only $1,596 at Toner Buzz, saving your office a whopping $587 per employee, per year. If your CM2330n serves a workgroup of 100 employees, buying toner from Toner Buzz rather than Amazon will save your office nearly $59,000 in printing costs each and every year!
It’s important to consider the above numbers are based on one printer. Most medical professionals use dozens of printers spread out over several locations. The savings add up quickly and deserve serious consideration. Stop wasting your money on toner! Switch to Toner Buzz!
Medical professionals are not alone. Many healthcare offices don’t consider printing costs...but they’re tossing money out the window. Consider this:
- NEARLY 90% OF COMPANIES DON’T TRACK PRINTING COSTS — How can you muster up savings when you don’t know what you spend in the first place? Get a handle on how much paper, ink, and toner your office uses on a monthly basis, and track those expenses over several months. Once you know how much you spend on printing costs, you can work on reducing that figure.
- THE AVERAGE IT DEPARTMENT SPENDS 15% OF ITS TIME ON PRINTING ISSUES — According to IDC, 23% of help desk calls are printer-related. There are a number of ways to help minimize this issue, with the most useful solution being proper maintenance and management. Another way to avoid printer-related jobs for your IT Department? Stick with genuine OEM toner cartridges, which are traditionally more reliable than remanufactured or third-party cartridges.
- SUPPLIER AGREEMENTS CAN REDUCE OPERATING COSTS — Find the best discount toner supplier and make a deal. Buying in bulk and entering into supplier agreements can reduce overall printing costs by 20% to 30%. Know what you need and shop around for the best prices. We’ll give you a shortcut. Regardless of what brand printer you use, you’ll find the best savings on genuine OEM toner and inks here.
There are plenty of ways to save money on genuine OEM toner, but all solutions begin with an online a visit to Toner Buzz.com. If you’re a medical professional, Toner Buzz is the first, last, and only place you’ll ever need to visit!